Effective Date: May 18, 2023
By providing us your mobile number and opting-in and by interacting with us via text messaging, you acknowledge and consent to the practices described in this policy. By providing us with your mobile number and opting-in, you also agree you have ownership rights or permission to use the number given to us.
- Information Collection and Use
1.1 Collection of PII: SA collects PII through text messaging solely for the purpose of debt collection and related communications. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Contact information (phone number, email address)
- Account number
- Payment information
1.2 Use of PII: SA uses the collected information for debt collection purposes, including:
- Contacting consumers regarding outstanding debts
- Sending payment reminders and notifications
- Providing relevant account information
- Resolving disputes or inquiries
- Protection of PII
2.1 Security Controls: SA has implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect consumer PII from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures include:
- Encryption of data in transit and at rest
- Secure storage and restricted access to electronic records
- Regular monitoring of systems for vulnerabilities
- Employee training on privacy and security protocols
2.2 Compliance with FDCPA, TCPA, GLBA, HIPAA, and CTIA Guidelines: SA is committed to complying with the following regulations and guidelines:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- CTIA Messaging Principles and Best Practices Guidelines
- Third-Party Disclosure
3.1 Consent and Legal Requirements: SA does not disclose consumer PII to unauthorized third parties unless required by law, with consumer explicit consent, or for debt collection purposes. SA may share consumer information with trusted service providers who assist us in debt collection activities, subject to strict confidentiality agreements.
- Complaints and Response Tracking
4.1 Tracking Phone Numbers: SA maintains records of complaints, responses, and other interactions associated with phone numbers to ensure accuracy and prevent errors. This helps us maintain effective communication with consumers and avoid contacting the wrong parties.
4.2 Complaint Handling: If you have any concerns or complaints regarding our text messaging practices or the handling of consumer information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. SA will promptly investigate and respond to consumer complaint to address any issues and resolve the matter.
- Opt-Out and Unsubscribe
5.1 Right to Opt-Out: If you no longer wish to receive text messages from us, you have the right to opt-out of further communications at any time. To do so, please follow the opt-out instructions provided in the text message or text STOP to any text message we send to you. An opt-out confirmation will be sent back to you.
5.2 Effect on Debt Collection: Please note that opting out of text messaging communication may limit our ability to effectively communicate with you regarding consumer outstanding debts and related matters. SA may need to use alternative communication channels to reach you.
To request support: Text HELP to any text message we send to you or email us at email@example.com.
- If your handset does not support MMS, any MMS messages sent may be delivered as SMS messages.
- Number of messages will vary by account.
- Messaging and data rates may apply.
- No mobile information will be shared with third parties/affiliates for marketing/promotional purposes. All of the above categories exclude text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties, except as outlined in Paragraph 3 above.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Text Messaging Policy, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.